Council Frequently Asked Questions

Quick Links

Contact Council Members  |  Write to Council  Present to Council  |  Attend a Meeting  |  Find Agendas and Minutes

How do I contact members of council?

Mayor's Office

Mayor Nancy Wilhelm-Morden

Assistant: Wanda Bradbury



Jack Crompton   604-935-8228

Duane Jackson   604-935-8226

Jayson Faulkner   604-935-8229

Andrée Janyk   604-935-8227

John Grills   604-935-8230

Roger McCarthy   604-935-8225


How do I write a letter to council?

Correspondence should be addressed to “Mayor and Council,” signed and contain a return mailing address.

The corporate officer must receive the correspondence no later than noon on the Wednesday preceding a regular or special meeting, to be included on the next agenda.

Letters may be faxed to 604-935-8109 or emailed to

While email correspondence does not need a signature, it must contain contact information, including:

  • Full name
  • Mailing address
  • Email address
  • Phone number

Your letter will be acknowledged (received) during a council meeting:

  • Council may just receive you letter
  • Council may direct further action; or
  • Council may refer it to staff.

In any case, the corporate officer responds to letters informing the author of council's action.


Submission for a public hearing

If you are writing in regard to a public hearing, your letter must be received prior to the start of the hearing to be considered.

Letters may be faxed or emailed. If your correspondence is received after the close of the public hearing, it will not be received by council unless correspondence is requested after the bylaw is adopted.  

How do I make a presentation to council?

Members of the public can make presentations to council at regular council meetings.

Here are guidelines for presenting to council.

Delegations wishing to appear before council must write to the corporate officer with a detailed synopsis of the presentation and the name of the person giving the presentation, which council meeting they wish to attend and any desired resolutions or activities. Each delegation is allotted five minutes to speak. Requests must be received by noon on the Wednesday prior to a meeting to be placed on the next agenda.

There is also a public question and answer period at the start of every regular council meeting. Members of the public can ask a question to council at this time.


How do I recieve a proclamation from Council?

The Resort Municipality of Whistler may receive requests for formal pronouncement of proclamations by Council from groups and organizations who wish to raise awareness of an upcoming event, week, or day.

A date for the proclamation to appear on a Council Agenda is arranged by contacting the Legislative Services Department at least three weeks prior to the date of the formal pronouncement. Requests must be emailed to the Legislative Services Department at and should provide a letter to include in the Council package (as correspondence) that contains the following information:

  • Name of organization/group/individual requesting the proclamation.
  • Contact information including email, phone number, and mailing address for the person or group arranging for the proclamation.
  • Title of the proclamation.
  • A legal copy of the wording for the proclamation.
  • Information about the proclamation and its purpose.

Legislative Services must receive the proclamation request no later than noon on the Wednesday preceding a regular or special meeting, to be included on the next Regular Council agenda. No presentation is needed to Council, but supplementary letters or information regarding the proclamation is encouraged.

When your proclamation request is addressed during the correspondence section of the Regular Council meeting, Council will vote on a motion and may proclaim your event or day/week of special interest. Once proclaimed, the Legislative Services department will prepare the official proclamation and present it to the individual representing the organization/group, with the mayor’s signature and gold seal of the Resort Municipality of Whistler.

See current proclamations.

If an organization/group wishes to have a photo opportunity with the Mayor or a member of Council, this should be arranged outside of the Council meeting and can be done by contacting the Executive Secretary at


How do I attend a council meeting?

All regular council meetings are open to the public. No one will be excluded from attending, except in the case of improper conduct.

View the regular council meeting schedule.

Council may under some circumstances, defined in Section 90 of the Community Charter, exclude the public from a closed council meeting.

How do I find agendas and minutes?

Agendas are posted online, and on the bulletin boards outside Municipal Hall by the Friday prior to a meeting. Hard copies of agendas are available at regular council meetings and committee of the whole meetings.

Find council agendas, packages, minutes, and briefs for council meetings.