The home owner grant may be available retroactively if you qualified last year and didn’t apply.
You can apply for last year’s home owner grant retroactively if you meet the following requirements:
- You qualified for the grant on December 31 of last year
- You’re still the register owner of the property
- You paid last year’s property taxes, if last year’s property taxes have been paid
Apply for the Retroactive Home Owner Grant
- Complete the Retroactive Home Owner Grant application by visiting the provincial website www.gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant
- Retroactive Home Owner Grant application must be received by the province before December 31.