The Resort Municipality of Whistler’s Chief Administrator’s Office includes the following departments.
The Chief Administrative Officer is responsible for managing the affairs of the organization in accordance with the policies and programs approved by Council.
Responsibilities of the Chief Administrative Officer include:
- Assist council in the development of strategic plans that guide the resort community
- Execute the policies and objectives adopted by council
- Provide the coordinating link between council and municipal staff
The Chief Administrative Officer also plays a role within the Squamish Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) on strategic issues affecting the region and the municipality, and collaborates with neighbouring First Nations, the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.
Julie Sakamoto (liaison to the Chief Administrative Officer, Virginia Cullen)
The Human Resources Department is responsible for ensuring a safe, healthy, empowering, and productive workplace through the provision of professional human resources services.
Services that the Human Resources Department provides to the entire organization and all employees include:
- Labour relations
- Employee relations
- Training and development
- Recruitment and selection
- Health and safety
- Benefits and payroll
The Economic Development Department is responsible for:
- Driving the co-ordination of strategic resort economic development planning and undertaking initiatives that are associated with the execution of the Economic Partnership Initiative (EPI)
- Coordinating economic research, executing on resort business development objectives, and supporting a business-friendly operating environment
- Leading the Mayor’s Task Force on Resident Housing with coordination of key stakeholders and supporting the implementation of various housing initiatives
- Driving the implementation of adhoc projects
The Economic Development department is also responsible for supporting other departments by:
- Providing expertise in strategy, economic and financial analyses
- Support performance enhancement with input to corporate performance indicators and their reporting
- Provide adhoc support to corporate projects