The Resort Municipality of Whistler’s Community Engagement and Cultural Services division includes the following departments.
604-935-8252 | Karen Elliott, General Manager
Whistler’s Recreation Services Department is responsible for recreation programs, services and facilities, including:
- Operation and maintenance of Meadow Park Sports Centre, which includes a 25-metre pool, wading pool, a regulation-size ice surface, fitness room, weight-room, squash courts, change rooms and concession
- Operation of three community centres and the Youth Centre
- Operation of the Lost Lake Cross Country ski area and Lost Lake PassivHaus
- Delivery of recreation programs, from fitness and arts to summer camps, preschool and after-school care programs
- Municipal recreation facilities rentals
Whistler Public Library
The Whistler Public Library provides a full range of traditional and digital information services, outreach to schools, and programs for Whistler residents and visitors.
The Whistler Public Library is a department of the RMOW and is led by an independent board of trustees, appointed by Whistler council. The Whistler Public Library building is a multiple award-winning LEED Gold municipal facility, completed in 2008.
The communications department supports the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) by communicating the government’s diverse programs, services and initiatives to the community, and by facilitating opportunities for community engagement.
The communications department is responsible for working with all Resort Municipality of Whistler departments, projects, programs and facilities to deliver effective communications and community engagement initiatives. The department works with partners to promote Whistler and share the successes of our community and municipal government.
The responsibilities of the communications department include:
- Communications planning for RMOW programs, services and initiatives
- Providing and delivering public information
- Website development and management
- Facilitation of corporate social media
- News releases and community advisories
- Media relations
- Publication of Whistler Today e-newsletter
- Organizational guidelines and support for communications materials
The department is also responsible for the role of Information Officer in the event of an activation of the Emergency Operations Centre during a community emergency.
Village Events and Animation
Village Events and Animation staff are responsible for:
- Festivals, Events & Animation program
- Support for events, sport leagues, tournaments and community groups
- Film permits and photo permits
- Street banners
- Village Host program
Manager, Village Animation and Events