Chief Administrator’s Office
The Resort Municipality of Whistler’s Chief Administrator’s Office includes the following departments:
The Chief Administrative Officer is responsible for managing the affairs of the organization in accordance with the policies and programs approved by Council.
Responsibilities of the Chief Administrative Officer include:
- Assist council in the development of strategic plans that guide the resort community
- Execute the policies and objectives adopted by council
- Provide the coordinating link between council and municipal staff.
The Chief Administrative Officer also plays a role within the Squamish Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) on strategic issues affecting the region and the municipality, and collaborates with neighbouring First Nations, the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.
The Human Resources Department is responsible for ensuring a safe, healthy, empowering, and productive workplace through the provision of professional human resources services.
Services that the Human Resources Department provides to the entire organization and all employees include:
- Labour relations
- Employee relations
- Training and development
- Recruitment and selection
- Health and safety
- Benefits and payroll
The communications department supports the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) by communicating the government’s diverse programs, services and initiatives to the community, and by facilitating opportunities for community engagement.
The communications department is responsible for working with all Resort Municipality of Whistler departments, projects, programs and facilities to deliver effective communications and community engagement initiatives. The department works with partners to promote Whistler and share the successes of our community and municipal government.
The responsibilities of the communications department include:
Communications planning for RMOW programs, services and initiatives
- Providing and delivering public information
- Website development and management
- Facilitation of corporate social media
- News releases and community advisories
- Media relations
- Publication of Whistler Today and Council Briefs e-newsletters
- Organizational guidelines and support for communications materials
The department is also responsible for the role of Information Officer in the event of an activation of the Emergency Operations Centre during a community emergency.
The Legal Services Department is primarily responsible for coordinating legal services within municipal operations to maximize efficiencies and affect cost savings with regard to legal services provided by external counsel.
The Legal Services Department also is responsible for supporting other departments by:
- Providing expertise
- Assisting with risk management, procedural and policy matters
- Preparing a wide range of agreements