Late & Unique Nighttime Alternatives (LUNA) provides fun, alcohol-free nightlife events for local young adults aged 18 to 35 years old.
LUNA Programming – Get Involved!
- Monthly alternative events from late November to April each year open exclusively for people aged 18 to 35 years old. Visit lunawhistler.com for updates.
- LUNA Lounge nights each Tuesday from 7 to 10 p.m. (November until May). The LUNA Lounge includes ping pong, pool table, mini ramp, skate decks, free wifi, movies, Xbox1 S and PS4 and more. Free for LUNA members, $2 drop-in fee.
- LUNA Yoga each Monday from 5.30 to 7 p.m. at the LUNA Lounge (from November to May). Free for LUNA member, $5 drop-in fee.
You may also want to check out the diversity group, Alphabet Soup. This group is for LGBTQ+ teens (16 years and up) and meets the 4th Wednesday of the month via zoom. Visit mywcss.org to join the event!
Sea to Sky Corridor residents between the ages of 18 and 35 years can apply for a $20 annual LUNA membership.
LUNA members receive:
- Free LUNA yoga
- Free LUNA nights
- Discounted entry into LUNA events
- Entry into monthly draws
- Membership discounts
Since its inception in 2003, LUNA programming has:
- Contributed to a 20 per cent reduction in alcohol-related calls to the RCMP
- Engaged over 13,000 people in alcohol-free nightlife
- Provided event and leadership training to 52 young adults ages 18 to 35
- Produced over 275 events
- Contributed over 6,200 volunteer hours in Whistler
- Been awarded the Innovative Community Capacity Building Award by the Canadian Cancer Society / BC Healthy Living Alliance
- Helped with Whistler’s largest-ever power consumption reduction for Earth Hour 2011
Lower level, Maury Young Arts Centre (formerly Millennium Place)
4335 Blackcomb Way
LUNA on Facebook
LUNA on Twitter