All the information you need to be ready to register for recreation programs and classes.
Program registration information
Registered recreation programs and classes are normally offered seasonally, during spring/summer and fall/winter. Registration opens twice a year and popular programs often book up quickly.
Please see below for upcoming registration dates and times. Resident and non-resident registration is available online or over the phone.
Spring/summer 2023 registration dates
- Resident online registration – Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 11 a.m.
- Resident phone registration – Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 9 a.m.
- Non-resident online registration – Saturday, April 1, 2023 at 11 a.m.
- Non-resident phone registration – Sunday, April 2, 2023 at 9 a.m.
- Summer Camp registration – Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 6 a.m.
Spring/summer programming will be viewable online as of Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 12 p.m.
Tips to help have a great registration experience
Click on each item to learn more:
- Mark your diary with key registration dates.
- Complete the registration checklist.
- Explore online and in-person registration options.
- Make sure you have an active account.
- Review important information for resident and non-resident accounts.
- Know the payment options.
- See cancellations and refund policies and registration service agreements.
- Before you register for a class or program you need an active account. Set up a new account by calling Meadow Park Sports Centre at 604-935-PLAY (7529) during operating hours. Or make sure you have your online account login details ready before registration day. See more information about accounts below.
- Once you have set up your new account, ensure all family members have been added and check your details are correct.
- If you are a Whistler resident, check you have verified your residency status.
- Browse programs, plan your dates and times before registration day. Once registration opens, you can book your classes in this online portal.
- Online for select programs
- By phone at 604-935-PLAY (7529)
Kids on the Go, Camp Summer Sunsations or Camp Breakout specific registrations:
- By e-mail email@example.com
- By phone at 604-935-8370
Updating or creating your recreation account
Before you register for a class or program you will need an active account. Set up a new account by calling Meadow Park Sports Centre at 604-935-PLAY (7529) during operating hours. Make sure you have your online account login details ready before registration day.
If you already have an account make sure you know your login and password prior to registering for programs.
Please note, on August 1, 2018 a new online account, registration and facility bookings system replaced the previous online program registration portal. If your login is an account PIN or customer number, this is your old login and you will require a new account.
Important information for resident and non-resident accounts
Resident accounts – Resident accounts are available for customers who live in Whistler. You will need to verify your residency status with the Meadow Park Sports Centre customer service team. Proof of residency is required in the form or a valid driver’s licence, a utility bill with your current address or via the tax roll.
If you haven’t verified your residency status, your account will default to non-resident.
Non-resident accounts – If you live outside of Whistler, you can still join registered classes and programs. Non-residents will have different registration opening dates and a non-resident registered program fee may apply.
The RMOW has a Non-resident Registered Program Fee policy for recreational programs, at a surcharge rate of 33 per cent.
Only certain registered programs (e.g. swimming lessons, skating programs, fitness programs, etc.) are subject to the non-resident fee.
Drop-in rates, passes, licensed childcare programs, personal training programs and Registration Service Agreement (RSA) programs are the same price for residents and non-residents.
- Full payment is due at time of registration. Cash, MasterCard, Visa, American Express or debit card are accepted for payment. Payment plans are available for after school care days of the Kids on the Go program.
- Registrations by phone must be paid in full with a credit card.
- Account credits (including P.L.A.Y credits) –Credit values and P.L.A.Y credits can be used for online registration or while registering by phone at Meadow Park Sports Centre or Myrtle Philip Community School.
- All program fees have taxes added where applicable.
P.L.A.Y. – Program and Leisure Assistance for You:
The RMOW wants everyone to have an opportunity to have access to municipal recreation programs and services. You and each family member may be eligible for financial assistance.
To find out if you qualify for P.L.A.Y., contact the Program Services Supervisor at 604-935-8369 or Whistler Community Services Society at 604-932-0113.
P.L.A.Y credits can be used for online registration or while registering via phone or in-person at Meadow Park Sports Centre or Myrtle Philip Community School.
Kids on the Move Sports Fund:
Kids on the Move Sports Fund is designed to help send children/youth of financially restricted families to coach led sport activities. Interested families who qualify financially are asked to apply with a WCSS Outreach Worker. The maximum grant allowed is $400.00 per year.
For more information and to register, please contact WCSS at 604-932-0113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations and Refunds
- For Kids on the Go and summer camp registrations a full calendar months’ notice is required for cancellations (i.e. for any October cancellations you need to inform us in writing at email@example.com by August 31).
- A minimum number of participants are require to recover costs for recreation programs, and programs can be cancelled if people wait until the last minute to register. Avoid disappointment – register early.
- Programs with insufficient registration will be cancelled up to seven days prior to the start date, and the RMOW will issue a full refund.
- If an individual cancels from a program seven days or more prior to the start of a program, a full refund, minus a $20 administration fee, will be provided (this does not apply to Kids on the Go or summer camp registrations). No refunds will be issued after this period. In medical cases, refunds are pro-rated and a doctor’s note is required.
Registration Service Agreements
The Resort Municipality of Whistler has partnered with various organizations that provide quality specialty programs that we cannot offer ourselves. These organizations are responsible for the delivery of the program and can be recognized in the program descriptions by their organizational logo or “RSA” beside the program name.
If you have any questions about establishing a Registration Service Agreement with the RMOW, please contact the Program Services Supervisor at 604-935-8368.