Swimming lessons are offered for all ages, using the Red Cross curriculum. There are eight Red Cross preschool swim levels, beginning at 4 months of age and ten school-aged levels beginning at 6 years of age.
Summer 2021 registration opens June 5
- Resident Online Registration – Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 11 a.m.
- Resident Phone Registration – Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9 a.m.
- Non-resident Online Registration – Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 11 a.m.
- Non-resident Phone Registration – Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 9 a.m
- Available lesson days and times are viewable online
- Lessons will occur on Wednesday afternoon/evenings for 10 weeks starting in June and Monday to Friday for two weeks beginning in July.
- Lesson availability and class capacities will be limited due to COVID-19 safety guidelines
Changes to lessons due to COVID-19
Preschool and SwimKids 1-3 lessons:
- A parent must be in the water in swimwear for all Preschool and SwimKids 1-3 lessons due to COVID-19 distancing protocols
- Only one parent to one child ratio in the building at any time for lessons
- Parents will be expected to actively teach their children water safety and swimming skills under the direction of the instructor
- All lessons will be taught in the leisure pool
- Starfish, Duck and Sea Turtle lessons for children 2 years and under will not be offered at this time
SwimKids 4-10 lessons:
- Class capacities will be reduced due to COVID-19 distancing protocols
- Parents and/or sibling spectators will not be permitted in the facility
- All pools are closed to non-lesson activities during lesson times
- Change rooms are only available after lessons. Please arrive in swimwear under your street clothes
- Showering at home before entering the pool area is preferable,. There is a single shower on the pool deck.
- An information package will be sent to lesson registrants with further details prior to lesson start
- All swimming programs adhere to the requirements and recommendations of the Red Cross, BC Health Act, and other partner organizations to ensure swimmer and staff safety during COVID-19
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the facility except while engaging in physical or water based activities.