Lakeside Park is a beautiful beach park located on the shores of Alta Lake just a short distance from Whistler Village.
This popular park contains swimming docks and rafts, a children’s play structure, a large grass lawn, picnic tables and barbecue stands, and a concession stand. You can also rent boats, canoes, kayaks and paddle boards as well as take guided trips.
Lakeside Park is located 2 kilometres south of Whistler Village in the Alta Vista neighbourhood and is accessible by car from Hillcrest Drive or by biking or walking the Valley Trail. A limited amount of parking is available, including three accessible parking spots.
- Children’s play structure
- Two swim docks and swim rafts
- Sandy beach
- Picnic tables and barbecue stands (bring your own barbecue)
- NEW slackline posts
- Canoe, kayak and standup paddleboard storage racks
- Concession stand for food and drinks. (Open daily 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. weather permitting from July 1 to Labour Day, and weekends from June to September)
- Grass lawn
- Commercial boat tour and rental operation
- Protected shoreline habitat for fish