The Resort Municipality of Whistler's Corporate and Community Services Division includes the following departments.
Implementation, management and development of the RMOW’s local area and wide area network equipment, application and services.
The Finance Department provides council, taxpayers, visitors and operating departments with leadership and resources for financial management.
- Day-to-day financial accounting for the RMOW
- Monthly management reporting
- Annual reporting to auditors and various external agencies
- Maintaining the tax roll for 15,000 folios
- Collecting annual tax and other revenues
- Fiscal planning and community engagement related to the annual budget process
- Financial analysis to support decision-making
- Development of the RMOW Five-Year Financial Plan with direction from council, the Audit and Finance Committee and senior management
- Cash flow forecasting
- Management of the RMOW’s reserves
Our bylaw and parking officers hours of operations are Monday to Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Bylaw Services is responsible for:
- Education residents and visitors about bylaws
- Gaining voluntary compliance to ensure a positive experience for all
- Approving business licenses
- Promoting responsible dog ownership
- Parking management-residential, commercial and user pay
- Investigating complaints
Common examples of activities or issues regulated by Bylaw Services include:
- Business licensing
- Property maintenance
- Zoning and land use
The Emergency Program is responsible for coordinating the RMOW’s emergency preparedness; mitigation, response and recovering activities; and for fulfilling the mandate of the British Columbia Emergency Program Act.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
The Whistler detachment of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) provides law enforcement and crime prevention services to the community and its visitors.
911 for emergencies
Whistler Fire Rescue Service
Whistler Fire Rescue Services provides a full range of fire prevention and suppression services, as well as a rescue service.
The department is staffed by a combination of career and paid on call firefighters, and operates out of three fire halls in Whistler.
911 for emergencies
Whistler’s Recreation Services Department is responsible for recreation programs, services and facilities, including:
- Operation and maintenance of Meadow Park Sports Centre, which includes a 25-metre pool, wading pool, a regulation-size ice surface, fitness room, weight-room, squash courts, change rooms and concession
- Operation of three community centres and the Youth Centre
- Operation of the Lost Lake Cross Country ski area and Lost Lake PassivHaus
- Delivery of recreation programs, from fitness and arts to summer camps, preschool and after-school care programs
- Municipal recreation facilities rentals
Whistler Public Library
The Whistler Public Library provides a full range of traditional and digital information services, outreach to schools, and programs for Whistler residents and visitors.
The Whistler Public Library is a department of the RMOW and is led by an independent board of trustees, appointed by Whistler council. The Whistler Public Library building is a multiple award-winning LEED Gold municipal facility, completed in 2008.