The Whistler Fire Rescue Service is dedicated to promoting fire and life safety throughout the resort community, and effectively mitigating problems when they occur.
Report All Fires
Residents, neighbours and visitors, report all fires.
- In Whistler: Dial 9-1-1 for Whistler Fire Rescue Service.
- Outside of Whistler: Report wildfires to the BC Wildfire Service at 1-800-663-5555 or dial *5555 toll-free on most cell networks.
Fire Danger Rating
The campfire ban for the Coastal Fire Centre has been rescinded, please click here for details. However, no fires are allowed in Whistler unless you have obtained a fire permit.
Whistler's fire danger rating is Low, however no fires are allowed in Whistler unless you have obtained a fire permit.
The Fire Danger Rating is updated on the BC Wildfire website. Note that Whistler is "Blackcomb Base" on the chart, and daily ratings are usually posted by mid-afternoon. 4 = High; 5 = Extreme.
Campfires and barbeques
- As of Friday, August 28, construction activity may resume to a regular schedule.
- Download fire danger rating information and high-risk construction activity regulations.
- Download Interface Construction and Maintenance Regulations.
- Campfires are only allowed when the Fire Danger Rating in Whistler is low or moderate, and a Fire Permit is required.
Fire Regulations, Permits and Bylaws
Looking for a copy of the Fire Protection and Fireworks Bylaw, False Alarm Bylaw, MTI Bylaw, Fire Permits, Construction Regulations in Fire Season, or other regulations?
Do Your Part, Be FireSmart!
While the forests around Whistler are enjoyed by residents and visitors alike, they are also a source of fuel for fires.
Homeowners are encouraged to take simple measures to protect their property and the Whistler community against the ignition and spread of wildfire.
Find resources to make your property FireSmart.
Fire Programs and Services
The Whistler Fire Rescue Service offers a variety of programs and services to the community, all intended to provide a high level of life and property safety.
This commitment is intended to minimize risk to residents and visitors and provides a safe environment for businesses to thrive in Whistler.
Fire Rescue Opportunities
Want to be part of an innovative, caring, committed, community minded team? The Whistler Fire Rescue Service strives to be a leader in the areas of prevention, education and fire rescue services.
Whistler Fire Halls
- Hall #1: 4400 Village Gate Boulevard
- Hall #2: 8900 Highway 99
- Hall #3: 1505 Spring Creek Drive
For emergencies, dial 911.
Whistler Fire Rescue Service
4325 Blackcomb Way
Office hours Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- In Whistler, dial 911.
- Outside Whistler, phone BC Wildfire Service at 1-800-663-5555 or dial *5555 toll-free on most cell networks.