The Whistler Fire Rescue Service is dedicated to promoting fire and life safety throughout the resort community as well as effectively mitigating problems when they occur.
Fire Danger Rating for Whistler changes to High as of June 29, 2015. Check for the current fire danger rating on the BC Wildfire website. Whistler is Blackcomb Base, 4 = High, 5 = Extreme.
No fires allowed. Click here for information on fire danger ratings and restrictions on campfires and barbecues.
Effective Wednesday, June 24, 2015, high-risk construction activity in the interface area (within 10 metres of the forest) shall cease at 1 p.m. each day, and a minimum two hour fire watch is required after construction ceases. Click here for information on fire danger ratings and restrictions on construction activity.
Do Your Part, Be FireSmart!
Fire Danger Rating Information
- NO campfires allowed unless you have obtained a Fire Permit. Click here for information on fire danger ratings and restrictions on campfires and barbecues.
- High-risk construction activities are limited during HIGH and EXTREME danger ratings. Click here for the Interface Construction and Maintenance Regulations. Click here for the quick guide to the fire danger ratings and restrictions on construction.
- The fire danger rating is posted on the BC Wildfire website. Whistler is ‘Blackcomb Base’. Please note that the daily rating is usually posted mid-afternoon.
Looking for a copy of the Fire Protection and Fireworks Bylaw, False Alarm Bylaw, MTI Bylaw, Fire Permits, Construction Regulations in Fire Season, or other regulations?
Fire Programs and Services
The Whistler Fire Rescue Service offers a variety of programs and services to the community, all intended to provide a high level of life and property safety.
This commitment is intended to minimize risk to residents and visitors and provides a safe environment for businesses to thrive in Whistler.
Fire Rescue Opportunities
Want to be part of an innovative, caring, committed, community minded team? The Whistler Fire Rescue Service strives to be a leader in the areas of prevention, education and fire rescue services.
Whistler Fire Halls
- Hall #1: 4315 Blackcomb Way, Whistler Village
- Hall #2: 8900 Highway 99
- Hall #3: 1505 Spring Creek Drive, Spring Creek
For emergencies, dial 911
Whistler Fire Rescue Service
315 Blackcomb Way, Second Floor
Office hours Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.