There are 8 municipal electric vehicle (EV) charging locations that include a total of 42 municipal chargers in Whistler.
Electric vehicle charging locations
Whistler’s public electric vehicle charging stations are located at:
- Municipal Hall (2)
- Meadow Park Sports Centre (4)
- Day Lot 1 (8)
- Day Lot 2 (8)
- Day Lot 4 (8)
- Whistler Conference Centre underground (1 Level 2 Charger, 2 Tesla Level 2 Chargers and 1 DC Fast Charger)
- Whistler Conference Centre surface parking lot (4)
- Lot A – 9 (BC Hydro DCFC included)
- Re-Build-It – 1 sun country
- Public Works Yard (2) – temporarily closed
Find other charging stations
- Plug in BC provides electric vehicle resources, including links to EV service networks to find available charging stations.
Parking payment is also required in all paid parking stalls, during pay parking hours.
Day Lot Chargers: $1 an hour with a ceiling cost of $5 a day.
Other RMOW-operated Chargers: $1 an hour at Municipal Hall, Whistler Conference Centre, and the Public Works Yard.
Direct Current (DC) Fast Charging Station: At the DC Fast Charging Station in the municipal underground parking lot at the Whistler Conference Centre, but users will pay $0.35 per kWh with a minimum $2 charge.
Note: All EV station charging fees were determined as part of the 2021 Whistler EV Charger User Fee Station and have been carefully considered to support EV adoption while increasing turnover at charging stations and recovering municipal operating costs.