The interment process includes the opening and closing of a grave space, installation of a liner (if required), grounds personnel and administrative services.
Interments may be scheduled Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Each plot may hold the remains of one person.
What You Need
For the interment of a casket, you need to:
- Choose a plot
- Pay the required fees
- Obtain a Cemetery License
- Provide funeral/service/memorial date and time and make arrangements for the interment of the casket
- Provide the necessary information and documents to obtain an interment permit
- Provide a memorial marker to the size and materials indicated – this may be arranged after the interment
The Cemetery Administrator will assist you with all these steps, including issuing the cemetery license and interment permit.
Interment permits are issued by the Cemetery Administrator. You will need the following information to obtain a permit:
- A copy of the Death Certificate
- A copy of the written authorization from the person who has the right to control disposition of the human remains (copy of document appointing executor)
- Date and time of interment and graveside service
- Name of funeral home assisting with the delivery of a casket
- Name of person officiating at the interment
- Approximate number of people to attend the interment
Deceased Person’s Information:
- Name (full name including middle names and nicknames)
- Address at time of death
- Date and place of birth
- Date and place of death
Executor of Estate or Next of Kin Information:
- Full name (including middle names and nicknames)
- Relationship to deceased person
- Contact information (phone numbers, email address)
The executor or person who has the right to control the disposition of the deceased person will be required to sign the interment permit.
Due to the size of plots within the cemetery, there are limits to the size of caskets interred. The outside dimensions must not be larger than the measurements listed below.
Burial Plot – Adult
213 cm (84 in.) in length
71 cm (28 in.) in width
58.5 cm (23 in.) in height
Burial Plot – Infant
71 cm (28 in.) in length
30 cm (12 in.) in width
30 cm (12 in.) in height
Legislative & Privacy Coordinator/Cemetery Administrator