Getting around Whistler: Park and play Summer and Winter
Move beyond the car. For the full Whistler experience, ride your bike, transit, the Lost Lake and Rainbow Park Shuttles in the summer (through Labour Day), or walk to conveniently get to your destination, all while reducing your carbon footprint.
When you get to Whistler, park in the Day Lots 1 to 5, located off Blackcomb Way, then move to any of the convenient sustainable transportation options below.
Take Public Transit
- Free summer weekends* return starting Saturday June 17, 2023. Free transit in Whistler every Saturday, Sunday and holiday Monday from June 17 – Monday September 4, 2023.
- This is partially funded for through the user pay parking in Day Lots 1-5.
- The Whistler Transit System will get you to most of our parks and open spaces every day in every season. Click here to access the current Rider’s Guide.
- View the Whistler transit schedule and routes, and see where your bus is in real time using NextRide.
- The free shuttle to Lost Lake Park is part of Whistler Park Shuttles operating daily from Post 4 at Gondola Transit Exchange from 11am to 7pm. See below for more information.
Hop on the free Whistler Park Shuttles
Choose human-powered transportation
- Whistler’s Valley Trail connects Whistler by foot, by bike or cross-country ski.
- Looking for a place to park your bike? Visit whistler.ca/BikeParking
- Don’t have a bike? No worries! Visit whistler.com to rent a bike.
Parking in Whistler
From May 15 – September 15, user pay parking is in effect for Lakeside, Alpha, Wayside and on Alta Lake Road (adjacent to the Rainbow Park entrance). Lost Lake Park has no parking and is limited to pick-up and drop-off only. Please note Rainbow Park is currently closed.
Getting to Whistler
Buses and public transit
Taxis, Ride-Hailing, Transportation Network Service