The Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) permits use of water from fire hydrants to protect all water system users, in accordance with the Fire Protection and Fireworks Bylaw 2046, 2014.
- Download the Hydrant Use Application Form
- Submit the application to the Public Works Yard, at 8001 Highway 99 near Nester’s Road, for approval.
- Take approved Hydrant Use Permit to Municipal Hall for payment.
- Return to the Public Works Yard and present proof of payment.
- Utilities staff will arrange to have the backflow preventer attached to the designated hydrant.
- Withdraw water from designated hydrant. Once finished, contact the Utilities Department for pickup.
- Once the device is inspected and found to be in good working order, a deposit refund will be provided.
The required deposit and fees cover the rental of the special backflow prevention device, which must be used when withdrawing water from any hydrant.
- Deposit (refundable upon return of equipment) – $1,000
- 24-hour permit – $100
- 7-day permit – $400
- Seasonal permit – $1,000