Updates were recently made to the Whistler Housing Authority Rental Program. Learn more about changes to eligibility, income qualification and more. View details.
The Resort Municipality of Whistler's goal is to work with community stakeholders to achieve appropriate and affordable housing for the resort's workforce
Mayor's Task Force on Resident Housing Process
The Task Force engaged in an extensive process convening several times in addition to a number of sub-committee working groups. Whistler's Housing Context Infographic on a page.
- October 8, 2019: Insights into the WHA Purchase Waitlist
- July 23, 2019: Updates to Employee Rental Housing Policy & Enhanced Focus on Enforcement
- April 16, 2019: Project update Mayor’s Task Force on Resident Housing Initiative #7
- March 6, 2018: Update on progress of Task Force initiatives, including household income and affordability considerations.
- January 23, 2018: Resident Housing Updates regarding WHA and Cheakamus Crossing future developments.
- December 19, 2017: Housing Task Force Council Presentation & Final Report From the Mayor's Task Force. Council received the final report and directed staff to implement the Task Force actions as a priority and ensure appropriate staff resources are allocated accordingly.
- October 3, 2017: Task Force Recommendations to Council. Council passed a resolution to direct staff to arrange a community engagement forum to seek feedback on the proposed recommendations.
- March 7, 2017: Update to Council on housing regarding the progress to date and the upcoming housing needs survey.
- August 22, 2019: Community Information Session: Employee Rental Housing Policy updates
- November 2, 2017: Community Forum Presentation. The Community Forum had a strong attendance and extensive participation by community members in the dialogue sessions.
- June 6, 2017:Community Housing Survey Key Findings & 2017 Community Housing Survey Full Report. Extensive Research was conducted to better understand the current and future housing needs. 1,519 respondents filled out the online survey following a random phone and intercept survey of 575 workers and 201 homeowners launched in March.