Commercial Parking Changes
Effective March 18, 2015, the municipality will offer three types of Commercial Vehicle Parking Permits:
- Small Commercial Vehicle permit for vehicles up to 20 feet in length
- Oversized Commercial Vehicle permit for vehicles over 20 feet in length
- Only vehicles that are used for the collection or delivery of goods are eligible for permits listed above
- Service Commercial Vehicle permit for vehicles up to 20 feet in length for administrative/sales-related tasks and contractors. Excludes the use of commercial parking on Main Street
Parking is available in Day Lots 1-5 in Whistler Village. Rates apply to parking in Day Lots 1, 2 and 3, and parking is free in Day Lots 4 and 5.
The Smart Park meter offers savings for hourly parking and serves as an affordable and convenient option to allow residents, frequent guests and weekenders to park in Whistler Village.
There are a number of accessible parking stalls in the Whistler Village Day Lots in close proximity to the pedestrian exits along Blackcomb Way.
Due to required upgrades on the Whistler Health Care Centre's helipad, changes are being made to the parking configuration and pedestrian access in parking Day Lot 4. These changes will be complete in spring 2015.
Complimentary accessible parking is available in Day Lot 3 until the changes to Day Lot 4 are complete. Please park in the spaces indicated by the signage.
A commercial vehicle may park for a maximum of thirty minutes in an area designated as a municipal loading zone, while the operator of the vehicle is loading or unloading materials.
The Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) operates various parking operations in Whistler Village, as well as manages Day Lots 1-5 in conjunction with Whistler Blackcomb. Parking is further supplied by Whistler Blackcomb and other privately-run operations for a total of 6,200+ parking stalls in the Village.
|Location||First Hour||Second Hour||Third Hour||Fourth Hour||24 Hours||Evenings
(5 p.m. - 10 a.m.)
|Sundial Crescent||$2||$3||-||-||-||-||-||2 hrs|
|Visitor's Loop||$2||$3||-||-||-||-||-||2 hrs|
|Main Street||$1||$2||$2||$4||-||-||-||4 hrs|
|Municipal Hall||$1||$2||$2||$4||-||-||-||4 hrs|
|Village Green/ Crystal Lodge||$1||$2||$2||$4||-||-||-||4 hrs|
|Conference Centre/ Underground||$1||$1||$1||$1||$10||$5||$30||24 hrs x 7 days|
|Library Underground||$1||$1||$1||$1||$10||$5||$30||24 hrs|
Gold Parking Permit
Gold Permit holders have the option to park in any Day Lots (subject to availability), the Conference Centre underground, the Conference Centre surface lot, and on Main Street at any time when those lots are open. A maximum of 20 Gold Permits are available. The Gold Parking Permit is a joint venture between the RMOW and the Day Lot Operating Committee.
Privately-Run Parking Operations
Marketplace businesses provide and maintains 30-minute and two-hour parking spots at no charge for their customers.
Whistler Village also has more than 1,200 privately-owned underground parking stalls. Most hotels offer user pay parking for registered guests and visitors and a number of these lots offer daily and monthly rates.
Privately operated over-height underground parking is available under Whistler Town Plaza, accessed off Blackcomb Way. The maximum height is 12.2 feet or 3.7 metres. Please contact Whistler Town Plaza for rates.
Parking in Whistler Subdivisions
- Parking is not permitted on the odd side of the street at any time, year-round in Whistler subdivisions. Parking is permitted on the even side unless signed otherwise.
- Winter parking regulations are in effect November 1 through March 31. Parking on the even side of the street is prohibited Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to make it easier for snowplows to get through subdivisions. Illegally parked vehicles will be ticketed and towed.
- The municipality does not govern or maintain strata/condo parking lots, private roads and driveways.